[CentOS-devel] EL6 SCL packages

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Aug 18 13:46:10 UTC 2015

On 08/18/2015 06:03 AM, Leon Fauster wrote:
> This place may be more appropriate then centos-list.
> My subscription is new therefore sorry, if already asked:
>
> How is the centos policy for EL6 SCL packages? I see some
> activities about a sclo7 branch but how is the status for
> rhscl especially el6's ones?

I was under the impression that the SCL SIG was doing all SCLs for el6
and el7.

If they are not doing el6, I can maintain the ones we currently have in
EL6, but I am not adding things where all the build requirements are not
complete (ie maven, java, etc.)

I can maintain updates for the ones we currently have released if the
SIG or softwarecollections.org is not maintaining them.