[CentOS-devel] [scl.org] CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting on #centos-devel (2015-11-25)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 11:30:34 UTC 2015

On 11/27/2015 10:42 AM, Dominic Cleal wrote:
> On 24/11/15 12:15, Honza Horak wrote:
>> * review new-SIG-member process (make approval part more concrete)
>
> I don't think this was discussed in the end, but how would I become a

Yeah, sorry, there was too much to discuss that day and auth system for
cbs is gonna be changed, so I didn't manage to open this topic, but
would like to return it next week.

> member at the moment?  As per
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/sclorg/2015-November/msg00021.html I'm
> interested in creating a new SCL under the SIG.

You should follow the steps in:
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem

which requires creating a ticket at http://bugs.centos.org.

However, the build system is being switched to another auth system these
days, so I'm not sure whether the steps on the page above are still
valid. Anybody knows? I guess you can follow them and in worst case
you'll need to do it again. Sorry, but it's not clear to me either.

> Initially I'd like to start by creating a wiki page to plan it under
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo, which I don't have
> permissions to do, and would assume I need to be a member before I'd get
> edit access to that part of the wiki.

I'm not sure whether wiki page is necessary at this point, if there is
anything to be explained about the new SCL, mailing list should be
better, since wiki page changes don't hit many people. If there is
supposed to be some summary, it may be created later as well.

> It'll be a little while before I'm interested in building in CBS, but
> I'll also raise bugs for access and to create tags which appears to need
> SIG membership.

I don't think it is necessary to have access to cbs to gain access to
wiki. Following steps at
https://wiki.centos.org/Contribute#head-42b3d8e26400a106851a61aebe5c2cca54dd79e5
could be enough hopefully.

Honza