[CentOS-devel] NGINX cannot be installed. Possible to include libunwind in CentOS-Base?

Jamie Nguyen j at jamielinux.com
Wed Dec 9 14:10:10 UTC 2015

On 09/12/15 13:58, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> CentOS doesn't consider it anything.  EPEL is written for RHEL and they
> have published the stuff for 7.2 already.
>
> CentOS Linux is run by 5 guys and a volunteer QA team.  We have not
> finished the 7.2.1511 upgrade cycle yet.

Hi, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I'm definitely
not trying to rush CentOS developers into releasing 7.2. I was trying to
see if libunwind could be included in the CentOS 7.1 repositories.

> CentOS does not have any control over what EPEL does.

I don't expect or require CentOS to have any control over EPEL. (Perhaps
you misunderstood and thought I thought I was asking about pushing
libunwind to EPEL?)

> When we get the release done, it will work.  Until then you can use CR
> if you want.
>
> And in case this has not been said before, libunwind was added to RHEL
> in 7,2, so will be part of the new release of CentOS Linux when we are
> done .. it was therefore removed from EPEL.

That's exactly what I said in my first email in this thread.

Kind regards,
Jamie