[CentOS-devel] NGINX cannot be installed. Possible to include libunwind in CentOS-Base?

Jamie Nguyen j at jamielinux.com
Thu Dec 10 16:34:00 UTC 2015

On 10/12/15 07:54, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> You are perfectly right here on all points. Unfortunately RH , short
> of providing access to beta to the customers, never announces in
> advance what packages will overlap with EPEL

After speaking with someone from RH, it turns out (thankfully) that RH
does have a sensible policy here. The RHEL maintainer *must* contact the
EPEL maintainer during the process of introducing a package to RHEL.

So either the RHEL libunwind maintainer didn't communicate as per the
policy, or he did and the EPEL libunwind maintainer didn't do the right
thing. (I haven't yet figured out which one.)

Kind regards,
Jamie