[CentOS-devel] SIG AltAarch lorax iso options

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Wed Dec 16 23:28:04 UTC 2015

On 12/16/2015 10:02 AM, James O'Connor wrote:
> So in irc discussions with kbsingh and Evolution, I have pieced this lorax invocation together for powerpc isos
>
> lorax '--product=CentOS AltArch' --version=7 --release=`date +%y%m%d` --source=file:///repo/7.2.1511/os/ppc64le --isfinal --nomacboot --noupgrade --buildarch=ppc64le '--volid=CentOS 7 ppc64le' /root/lorax/netinstall
>
> I’m hoping we can arrive at some consensus for product, release, and volid fields for all SIG AltArch flavors.

So, I'd like to change a few things up in this.

The product should be either 'CentOS Linux AltArch' or 'CentOS Linux 7
AltArch'. This helps separate the CentOS Project from the distribution.
Putting the major version in gives a bit more info for the iso/boot
display and anaconda. I could be convinced to leave the version out, but
Linux needs to be there.

The --release should match the distro release for point-in-time markers.
In this instance 7.2.1511 to match the distro. We can use the date
format for rolling builds if needed, but without the date (to match the
current yymm format).

The rest looks fine. The command I used for the initial AArch64 release
is nearly identical to what Johnny listed.

--
Jim Perrin