[CentOS-devel] Thanks for CentOS 7 ppc64!

Bryson Lee Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com
Wed Dec 23 03:50:00 UTC 2015

> From: centos-devel-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-devel-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Adi Gangidi
>
> Brian:   can you list the boot options you provided for cobbler . I'll give it a go on our cobbler at RAX too.

Hi Adi

The bootline we're using is:

ksdevice=bootif lang= kssendmac text ks=http://x.x.x.x/cblr/svc/op/ks/system/yyyyyy

This is hacked into a handcrafted grub2 netboot setup overlaid on our Cobbler tftpboot/ directory.  Our Cobbler install is pretty old, and I had to graft in grub2 while playing around with Fedora 23 and its bigger-than-yaboot-could-handle initrd.

I installed into the PowerVM / SMS firmware setup; haven't tried OPAL/petitboot yet.

May go back and try C7 with the standard Cobbler yaboot automation, since I think the C7 initrd isn't too large.

Regards,

-Bryson
 This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any attachments.