[CentOS-devel] CentOS for Oracle Cloud Marketplace

ajay seetharam

ajay.seetharam at oracle.com
Wed Dec 16 01:25:25 UTC 2015

We did a test with CentOS 15.03 RAW image
(http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1503.raw)
and it boots up with no changes in Oracle Compute Cloud Service. Oracle
Compute supports the same Amazon data source and cloud-init metadata for
ssh keys - so it inserted the ssh keys just fine into the CentOS
instance. (The Oracle Compute Cloud Service requires image files in RAW
.tar.gz format - so we had to do one small extra step of compressing.
Longer term we can see if the builds can automatically include a .tar.gz
format for raw images)

We will do a quick test with CentOS 15.10 latest version posted at
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images
Assuming it works ok as well, please let us know if we can take it,
.tar.gz it, and publish the image on Oracle Cloud Marketplace with the
publisher listed as centos.org.
If there are any other process steps, please let us know.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay Seetharam
Technical Director, Oracle Development