[CentOS-devel] NGINX cannot be installed. Possible to include libunwind in CentOS-Base?

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:06:02 UTC 2015

On 9 December 2015 at 15:28, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 09/12/15 19:27, Ken Dreyer wrote:
>>>
>>> Amazing. Thanks so much!
>>>
>>> I can confirm that libunwind is installable (and consequently NGINX)
>>> with the following in CentOS-Base.repo:
>>>
>>>   baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Jamie
>>
>> Thanks Jaime and Johnny, I think this is a good solution.
>
> This is a terrible solution. Its a kludge for the best way, and just
> highlights the dire need for EPEL to be better integrated into the
> CentOS side of things.

I think that depends on what "better integrated" means.

Does it mean that it requires CR to be enabled?
Does it mean that it doesn't build against RHEL but CentOS (and which
channels in CentOS)? [In this case it wouldn't see the libunwind
problem until 7.2.1512 was available but would mean that RHEL users
would be stuck until that happened?]
etc etc.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.