[CentOS-devel] What base OS should I run koji on?

James Hogarth

james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 07:52:32 UTC 2015

On 10 Dec 2015 1:53 a.m., "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid thus is the third time I've tried to get koji working to
submit packages for EPEL and Fedora, and once again I'm stuck. I've
activated a fresh Fedora 23 build, gotten my bugzillas and credentials
working, but cannot make even a scratch rebuild if an existing Fedora SRPM
for proof of concept test.

> What base OS are people using for Koji packaging? I've built up roughly
200 SRPM kits that I publish at github.com, and I'd really like to be able
to publish some of my old favorites to EPEL and Fedora.

Nico do you mean the OS to run *koji* on or the client side to submit jobs
to fedoras koji instance?

So far as I recall koji in Fedora land runs current - ie F23 at this time.

As a packager I use F23 for the client, but that is essentially only
because I find Fedora a better desktop OS for me. Since the client only
really does a login event and pushes an srpm it should be pretty much
distro agnostic.

Also if you mean submitting to Fedora koji keep in mind these packages have
to be suitable for EPEL/Fedora as per their policies (legal side of things
if only scratch).