[CentOS-devel] openstack rpm for ppc64le

James O'Connor

jpoc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 22 16:57:35 UTC 2015

> On Dec 22, 2015, at 3:34 AM, liu_xbing <liu_xbing at sina.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All:
>     In the CentOS community for Power, we have get the iso and rpms for ppc64le, but the rpms related to openstack do not be released for ppc64le, we have a pressing need for them. We wish CentOS community to release it for Power.
>     We are testing openstack on Power using the noarch rpms whitch are provided in x86_64, if credible ?

The first step was completing the port of RHEL 7.2 packages to CentOS power64. Next we will need to make some ppc64le/ppc64 koji builders available in the CentOS community build system [1]. Step 3 is getting power folks to join the CentOS Cloud, Virtualization, Storage special interest groups and building out the POWER ecosystem.

You will find some openstack prerequisite packages in Fedora’s EPEL repository [2] which just added ppc64le a few weeks back. I plan to add epel-release to the the CentOS 7 Extras repository but you may manually install it for now.

[1] http://cbs.centos.org/koji/hosts
[2] http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/ppc64le/

-James