[CentOS-devel] setting up an emergency update route

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 15:12:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've been thinking a bit about this. The best solution IMHO besides
building your our CDN, which is indeed a bit over the top for this, is
to push these updates instead of working with a pull method. So would
it be possible to find some mirrors that would allow us to push
packages into our repo's on their servers. In case of releases that
need to go out quickly we could use a seperate mirrorlist that only
includes our servers and the mirrors that allows us to push to. So we
can move the needed packages our quickly and let users get them fast.
Later as the other mirrors sync up we just go back to the normal
mirrorlist.

Stupid idea or not?

Kind regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)