[CentOS-devel] SCL's from softwarecollections.org repos to SIG

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 13:25:21 UTC 2015

On 02/10/2015 11:00 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we have a list of things that need to get done before the repos
> hosted at SoftwareCollections.org can go away to be replaced with
> properly maintained content from centos.org ?

There are two things we identified as blocking us at [1]:
a. authtag -- thing that allows non-admin users to push/import srpms
into rpms/ namespace
b. centpkg build ready with all features hacked

Anybody knows about progress with those?

As soon as we have (a) we can import srpms into centos (should be
script-able). Then, as soon as we have (b) and all packages built, we
can remove copr-built RPMs from scl.org and import bits from centos.

However, there is also one feature missing on scl.org, which is to be
able to import builds that were not built in copr. This is actually
stuff for scl.org guys. We talked about it today and it seems there are
more possible ways how to do this, we just need to figure out which is
the best. This will be elaborated a bit in a separate thread.

[1] http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-January/012678.html

Honza