[CentOS-devel] Where to announce CFPs?

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 13:05:07 UTC 2015

On 02/13/2015 01:51 AM, Karsten Wade wrote:

> There are a bunch of really great and interesting shows and expos
> around the world where we'd love to see people representing the CentOS
> Project.
>
> In general it makes sense to send these call-for-papers (CFP)
> announcements to centos-promo. But I worry that we may miss valuable
> interest here on the general -devel list.
>
> Any interest in having CFP announcements duplicated to this list?
>
> Or is it sufficient to send out occasional reminders to this list that
> people interested in representing or talking about CentOS should be on
> the -promo list?

IMO, I think it should be ok to include centos-devel in the call for
papers email. It would be good to know, where CentOS can be talked about.

However if the frequency for CFP mails are more e.g. one or more than
one for every day (which is unlikely) then we should just stick to
centos-promo list.

Thanks
-Lala