[CentOS-devel] CentOS Bug Tracker and ABRT

Jakub Filak

jfilak at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 10:20:52 UTC 2015

On Friday 21 of November 2014 07:03:13 Jakub Filak wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-11-20 at 14:51 -0600, Jim Perrin wrote:
> > On 11/18/2014 07:09 AM, Jakub Filak wrote:
> > > Would you be willing to run a MantisBT plugin adding the things we need,
> > > if we develop it?
> >
> > We have a testing instance set aside now populated with backup data.
> > When the plugin is ready, please send it along and I'll drop it in the
> > test instance so that we can kick it around.
>
> Fabulous. It was really quick. Thank you!
> We will try to provide the plugin ASAP.
>
> MantisBT is something completely new to us, so we need to spend some
> time to figure out what we actually need:
>
> https://github.com/abrt/libreport/wiki/MantisBT-plugin

I'm happy to announce that we've finished our work on adding support for CentOS Bug
Tracker to ABRT.

The final solution requires a not yet released version of MantisBT as we've decided to
enhance MantisBT instead of developing a plugin (it was impossible to develop such a
plugin). We've written a short installation documentation available at:
https://github.com/abrt/libreport/wiki/Reporting-to-CentOSBT#installing-the-required-mantisbt

The patches adding support for MantisBT resp. CentOS Bug Tracker have landed in the
upstream master but we've also back-ported them to RHEL-7 and created a COPR
repository with the updated packages:
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mhabrnal/abrt-centos/

yum (upgrade|update) will install three new packages:
* libreport-plugin-mantisbt - libreport plugin for communication with MantisBT
* libreport-centos - configuration required for CentOS Bug Tracker
* abrt-retrace-client - allows users to generate backtrace from coredump without the
need to download debuginfo

After upgrading you have to do some changes to your setup that are described here:
https://github.com/abrt/libreport/wiki/Reporting-to-CentOSBT#abrt-centos

Finally, you have to set the CentOS Bug Tracker URL to the testing instance.
(Unfortunately, I am not able to find that URL in my mailbox).

All the necessary information required for enabling reporting to CentOS Bug Tracker
are available at:
https://github.com/abrt/libreport/wiki/Reporting-to-CentOSBT

We are looking forward to receive your feedback.

Regards,
Jakub Filak
The ABRT team