[CentOS-devel] RFC: CentOS Extras & Plus SIG

Tim Verhoeven

tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 15:56:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is just a idea that I'm having and I'm looking for feedback. So
that is why the RFC tag is in the subject ;)

So the idea is to create a SIG that plays the role of
coordinater/janitor for the CentOS Extras and Plus repos. With 2 goals
in mind:

1. Allow people to contribute packages and patches to the mentioned
repo's. Ideally people would own a package, but the SIG would also
take on one-offs. I personally would like to contribute updated
haproxy and python-spynner packages.

2. It the other SIG's want to this SIG can be the place to hand off
common packages between the SIG's and do some coordination between the
SIG's to make sure nothing breaks.

So what do you think? Good idea, bad idea, suggestions, ...

Kind regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)