[CentOS-devel] CBS build tags and git branches names for SCL

Honza Horak

hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 17:13:22 UTC 2015

I'm about to submit a couple of requests into bugs.c.o to create
necessary infrastructure for collections from RHSCL-1.2 at least.
But first I want to make sure about the tag and branches names.

Currently we have some testing build tags:
   scl6-el6-mariadb100-build
   scl7-el7-mariadb100-build
and branches in dist-git (in sclo project):
   scl-mariadb100-el6
   scl-mariadb100-el7
And the SIG has codename 'sclo'..
So, it's kind of messy already in the beginning :)

Thinking about keeping it simple and uniform, what about this way:

Keep 'sclo' as SIG codename to indicate it's combination of SCL on
openness :)
CBS build tags in format like:
   sclo6-mariadb100-build
   sclo7-mariadb100-build
and branches in dist-git (in both sclo and rpms projects):
   sclo6-mariadb100
   sclo7-mariadb100

This mail is to check whether we're fine to go this way or if there are
some limitations we need to follow.

dist-git and CBS gurus, please, provide your PoV. Thanks!

Honza