[CentOS-devel] SCL and git 2.X

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Feb 19 23:37:29 UTC 2015

Hi!

On 19/02/15 16:48, Vacelet, Manuel wrote:

> TL;DR: I need recent version of git (2.3 ATM) and I need it on centos6
> and centos7.

this is great! We can either do it via a SCL or just inplace distro
package replacement ( into the Plus repos ). Since you have already had
a stab at doing this with the 1.9 git on scl's - that might be the best
route to take here as well.

Honza, would this just be a case of importing the existing SCL's, then
getting Manuel the required perms to attempt the upgrades ?

--
Karanbir Singh