[CentOS-devel] SCL and git 2.X

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:02:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Vacelet, Manuel
<manuel.vacelet at enalean.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 12:37 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On 19/02/15 16:48, Vacelet, Manuel wrote:
>>
>> > TL;DR: I need recent version of git (2.3 ATM) and I need it on centos6
>> > and centos7.
>>
>> this is great! We can either do it via a SCL or just inplace distro
>> package replacement ( into the Plus repos ). Since you have already had
>> a stab at doing this with the 1.9 git on scl's - that might be the best
>> route to take here as well.

I'd start from the variants over at
http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/stable/CentOS/6/SRPMS/, which is a
pretty nice repository for such opodated packages. Those are version
2.2, named with package names like "git2u". I'd update and name a
variant "git2.3u" or something like that.