[CentOS-devel] Centos 7.i686

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Mon Jan 5 13:44:15 UTC 2015

On 05/01/15 14:37, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 01/05/2015 07:01 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

>>> I now have a working syslinux and kernel in git.centos.org
>>> under c7-i686
>>
>>> I am building those every time they update for i686 as well as
>>> x86_64
>>
>>> I have all the RPMs currently built, including the
>>> java-1.6.0-openjdk built that was an issue .. I'll post the
>>> RPM list and what is missing (compared to x86_64) and we can
>>> try to figure out what we need to make build (We may need to
>>> change some other things that they made exclusivearch x86_64,
>>> like they did syslinux)
>>
>>> Then we can get an i686 test spin out.
>>
>>> Here is the kernel and syslinux links for i686
>>
>>> https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!kernel.git/refs!heads!c7-i686
>>
>>> https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!syslinux/refs!heads!c7-i686
>>

>> I had to reinstall an old thinkpad (family laptop used by the
>> kids) and wanted to build a C7/i386 livecd to install it with
>> minimal desktop, but some packages (like ibus-sayura) are missing
>> from buildlogs.centos.org and no build logs either for i386,
>> meaning no built was even tried .. Can we just massively try to
>> build all packages to i386 to at least have logs and see why they
>> fail (or not) ?
>
> c7.00.02/ibus-sayura/20140529190519/1.3.2-3.el7.i386/

Yeah Johnny :-)

I saw that one too, but what I meant was that not all of those
packages were tried again after that, and were depending on other
packages.
In that specific example (ibus-sayura) the
http://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.00.02/ibus-sayura/20140529190519/1.3.2-3.el7.i386/root.log
clearly mentions a need for pyOpenSSL, which itself had been built
after
(http://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.00.02/pyOpenSSL/20140529192726/0.13.1-3.el7.i386/)
so when I said 'massive rebuild' I meant retrying all failed packages
after the first run and that would (probably) succeed now that build
deps are satisfied :-)

- --

Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab