[CentOS-devel] Meeting face to face CentOS Project and EPEL

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Mon Jan 5 15:43:24 UTC 2015

On 05/01/15 01:24, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 1 January 2015 at 18:27, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org
> <mailto:kbsingh at centos.org>> wrote:
>
>     hi,
>
>     crossposting this to centos-devel and epel-devel
>
>     we are working to arrange a meeting with the EPEL folks at Fosdem 2015,
>     on 31st Jan at 7pm ( venue to be confirmed ), to try and workout some
>     options on how the two efforts might best co-ordinate.
>
>     A key part of the conversation would also focus on how SIGs and other
>     contributors to downstream repos in centos.org <http://centos.org>
>     can interface with and
>     set expectations on the epel repos.
>
>     Everyone able to make it please let me know your names so I can track
>     attendance and make reservations accordingly.
>
>     Regards,
>

> I won't be in Europe (probably anywhere in the first part of 2015 unless
> a magic money fairy appears) so I will not be able to physically attend.
> I would like to try to attend via a google hangout or similar thing as I
> believe this is important. I would also like to see what we (the EPEL
> steering committee people who are all North American) can do to work
> better with people who are in Europe who want to work on either EPEL or
> Software Collections.

I will try and find a venue that has network, and get a hangout going -
but no promises.

We will try and make notes and make lots of comments around expectations
and options etc, so we dont decide or close anything.

--
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS