[CentOS-devel] Building kernel modules via the CBS ?

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Wed Jan 14 14:24:27 UTC 2015

Hello,

Earlier today I tried to build the SCST source RPM via the CentOS
Community Build System (CBS). The first attempt failed because kernel
headers under /lib/modules/%{kver} were missing. So I added
"BuildRequires: kernel-devel" in the SCST spec. However, this caused the
build server to install the kernel-debug-devel RPM instead of the
kernel-devel RPM (see also
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6041 for the logs). Does
anyone know whether I am doing something wrong or whether this is an
issue with the build system ?

An attempt to build against the bananas6-el6 target also failed. In the
logs generated for this target I found the following:
http://mirror.rdu2.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/Packages/audit-libs-2.2-2.el6.x86_64.rpm:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not
Found". See also https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6043. Is
this error message expected ?

Is this the right mailing list for such questions ?

Thanks,

Bart.