[CentOS-devel] Minutes from CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting on #centos-devel (2015-01-21)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 07:37:45 UTC 2015

Actually there are no nice minutes this time, because someone (who could
be it, sorry guys) spoiled the meetbot hashes, so we only have the log:

http://www.centos.org/minutes/2015/january/centos-devel.2015-01-21-16.03.log.html

But these could be the most important stuff:

To summarize the workflow for a virtual SCL packager Jerry:
1. Jerry becomes a member of scl sig and gets access to git under sclo
project (ticket at bugs.centos.org)
2. Jerry develops/contributes to a collection under sclo/ namespace in
git.centos.org
3. Jerry exports srpm and imports it into rpms/ git namespace (this uses
a different git structure)
4. Jerry builds the collection in the rpms/ namespace and it may be
considered official
(5. scl.org may include links to those collections rather than
collections built in copr, eventhough the copr may be still used to
build "testing" collections directly from sclo/ namespace)

Missing pieces to start so far:
a. authtag -- thing that allows non-admin users to push/import srpms
into rpms/ namespace (blocking, we cannot import srpms without it)
b. centpkg build ready with all features hacked (blocking)
c. centpkd feature that allows to do the (3) step easier --
export/import from sclo/ to rpms/ namespace (non-blocking)
d. way to control acl by branch name for sig non-admin members by sig
admins (non-blocking, everybody can be admin for beginning)
importing to sclo should work fine with centpkg even with fedora layout

rhscl-1.2 packages do not seem built yet, so those will be first pieces
on the list to build

no meeting the next week due travelling to fosdem

Honza