[CentOS-devel] Storage SIG Meeting 23-Jan-2015 15:30 UTC

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Fri Jan 23 11:41:24 UTC 2015

On 01/23/15 07:37, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> Greetings All!
>
> Time for another Storage SIG meeting [1] . We will be meeting in
> #centos-devel on Freenode.
>
> Agenda:
> #info    Topic:        Action items from previous meeting
> #info    Topic:        Status Updates
> #info    Subtopic:   GlusterFS
> #info    Subtopic:   OpenAFS
> #info    Subtopic:   Ceph
> #info    Subtopic:   SCST
> #info    Open Floor
>
> Action items from previous meetings:
>
>   * ACTION: billings to build OpenAFS using koji  (lalatenduM, 15:35:29)
>   * ACTION: billings to try out reimzul's way of kmod building and yum
>     priorities stuff for openafs repo  (lalatenduM, 15:49:54)
>   * ACTION: alphacc to validate the storage7 koji targets and setup new
>     tags as needed for openafs  (kbsingh, 15:53:42)
>   * ACTION: kbsingh to see if openafs is GPL compatible or not
>     (lalatenduM, 15:53:54)
>   * ACTION: lalatenduM will help deason to get standard policy or
>     guidance on packaging selinux rules  (lalatenduM, 15:54:48)
>   * ACTION: lalatenduM will help scuttlemonkey on 101 for building Ceph
>     on cbs  (lalatenduM, 15:55:47)
>   * ACTION: hchiramm needs to finalize wiki articles for GlusterFS
>     (lalatenduM, 16:01:23)
>

> [1] http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage
>
> Thanks,
> Lala
> #lalatenduM on Freenode

Hello,

For me another meeting starts halfway this meeting so I will only be
able to attend the first half of the storage SIG meeting. What I will
report is that the current status of adding SCST to the CentOS build
system is as follows:
* DKMS support has been added in the SCST spec such that every time a
kernel version is booted for which the SCST kernel drivers had not yet
been built triggers a rebuild of the SCST kernel modules. See also
http://sourceforge.net/p/scst/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/scst.spec.in.
* The kernel version is detected automatically on koji build servers,
RHEL/CentOS, Fedora, openSuSE and SLES systems.
* Scratch builds of the SCST RPM work fine for the bananas7-el7 and
bananas6-el6 targets.
* The scst_exec_req_fifo patch has been reworked such that patching the
core kernel is no longer needed to use the SCSI pass-through
functionality. See also http://sourceforge.net/p/scst/svn/5979/.

What still has to be done is to port the necessary patches from the SCST
trunk to the SCST 3.0 branch, to test the resulting code and to add the
appropriate RPM to the CentOS build system.

Bart.