[CentOS-devel] Publish Errata for CentOS

Somers-Harris, David | David | OPS

david.somers-harris at mail.rakuten.com
Wed Jan 14 01:49:00 UTC 2015

Hello,

I originally asked on the centos mailing list when CentOS will publish errata like Red Hat does for RHEL.
It has since turned into a discussion which seems more fit for the centos-devel list, so I'm moving it here now.
Here is the last post on the centos list: http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2015-January/149122.html

The current problem which needs to be tackled is where to get the data from.

It has been suggested that getting the data from Red Hat's emails would not be a breach of Red Hat's ToU.
Can anybody confirm this?

If this is the case, then we can just subscribe a bot to the emails and generate the data from that and put it in updateinfo.xml.

Thanks,
David