[CentOS-devel] kickstart extra minimal

PatrickD Garvey

patrickdgarveyt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 22:50:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 01/05/2015 05:30 PM, PatrickD Garvey wrote:
>> CentOS and for solutions to support requests, why is it maintained
>> outside the CentOS.org domain?
>
> I guess you could extend that to github.com and then most of the stuff
> going on there would be wrong according to you as well right ?
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh

Sorry for the slow response when you're answering my question.

According to the FAQ <
http://community.redhat.com/centos-faq/#_git_centos_org >,
"git.centos.org ... is the canonical repository for the CentOS
Project, and for SIGs working on variants." So, yes, I would expect
anything that is regularly used in building CentOS or proposed as
support items for CentOS' use by the community to be readily available
on git.centos.org.

I understand git.centos.org is a result of the Red Hat + CentOS
Announcement and nazar.karan.org/summary/bluecain.git is a
direction for future work and, perhaps, an increase in the
organization of CentOS repositories. Otherwise, I anticipate more
confusion like that documented in
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories.