[CentOS-devel] Testing CentOS as a hypervisor in different scenarios

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Thu Jul 23 15:59:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

this has come up in a few conversations, and its worth looking into.

Various efforts including the CentOS Cloud Instance SIG, would like to
test their VM instances under a CentOS 6/7 hypervisor setup. I am sure
the Virt SIG guys would like to also have these VM instances tested on
hypervisors and environments they curate.

Whats the best way to move forward on this ?

I am going to propose asking the various efforts ( eg. cloud sig, virt
sig ) to help setup the environments like openstack, centos-kvm,
centos-xen, ovirt etc; and provide a single mechanism that can be used
via jenkins at ci.centos.org to grab, test, report on machine instance
states.

The cycle would need to run via triggers at ci.centos.org, and it would
ideally be run for the entire set of environments we can bring up.

thoughts ?

--
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS