[CentOS-devel] Including rkt in virt7 - yay/nay?

Lokesh Mandvekar

lsm5 at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 7 13:55:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 01:26:58PM +0100, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 07/02/2015 10:17 PM, Lokesh Mandvekar wrote:
> > Wondering if people would be ok with including rkt in virt7 SIG repos.
> > some folks gave this a yay on IRC, but reaching out to the mailing list as
> > well for more votes.
>
> I'm +1 for having it, either in the virt or Atomic SIG repos. My
> interest is primarily in being able to include it in the 4-week CentOS
> Atomic builds for folks who want to use rkt. Not sure how rkt
> does/doesn't line up with the goals of the virt SIG.

I'm totally fine with rkt being in Atomic or any other SIG that we feel
appropriate. Just that Docker is currently in Virt SIG and we kinda sorta
decided to keep it there, while afaik the
Atomic SIG consumes docker from Virt and a few other SIGs and is mainly
concerned with creating Atomic images.

--
Lokesh
Freenode, OFTC: lsm5