[CentOS-devel] Feedback on C7 Vagrant Box

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jul 8 17:18:38 UTC 2015

On 08/07/15 18:02, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> Hi, I've started doing some testing on the Virtualbox Vagrant box
> (http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/vagrant/x86_64/images/CentOS-7-Vagrant-1505-x86_64-01.box)
>
> I've hit a couple of issues:
>
> 1) The disk size, at about 8 GB, is too small.  Could it be bumped to
> 50-100 GB? Since the on-disk image will grow dynamically this won't take
> up that much space by default but will make it usable for those that
> need more storage on the root partition (and I don't want to have to
> custom mount additional partitions).

let me poke this a bit, i dont think we get dynamic / sparse disk images
with the koji setup, but will check.

> 2) The VirtualBox Guest Additions aren't included.  I'm assuming this is
> due to a licensing issue and not that they were simply not considered
> but wanted to double check.

there are no licensing issues with the additions, just needs someone to
rpm'ise them up so we can use them. thanks for offering to get this done :)

> Otherwise it's been great, and saves me having to build my own custom
> box, which is definitely a win.

fantastic, the June '15 images are ready to fly, and should be online
tomorrow.

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh