[CentOS-devel] Build scripts for CentOS 7 AMIs

Brian Lalor

blalor at bravo5.org
Tue Jul 28 13:58:26 UTC 2015

I’d like to be able to create my own AMIs from scratch and customize them as I see fit.  I’ve solved the problem for my own infrastructure, but I’d like to see how CentOS is doing it, and the process should be laid out for other users to see and expand on.  I think this is especially important since the AMI IDs aren’t published directly and the AMIs that are on the marketplace are rather old (and also require you to sign a EULA to use them).

There are very clear instructions for the Docker image[1]; I’d like to see an equivalent for Amazon.

[1]: https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build/tree/master/docker