[CentOS-devel] c7-ppc64 (big endian) progress

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jul 28 22:16:39 UTC 2015

On 28/07/15 14:21, Nuno Fernandes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm more interested on using a centos brand linux. I would prefer to help
> creating such a distro than using one that i don't know how it's being made,
> mantained, monitored, etc.
>
> If for some reason i start using your distribution and later on your company
> is bought and stops being mantained and shipping it i'm in the dark...
>
> Is there a PPC64 Sig out there?

yes!

We are getting things together ( well, I just wrote up what should be an
announcement to go out in the next few days ).

We've got a PoC done for both BE and LE ppc64 - the ppc multilib stuff
needs some level of attention, but we will find out about that soon.

There are a few ways to get involved, either shadow the builds on your
own hardware - or work through build fails in the central service,
helping rectify things. You can also help with testing the distro (
including the installer ), and most importantly, you can help with docs
around the project, the code, and how other people can get involved as well.

As a free win, it would be great to see a group of people help bridge
the SIG content from x86 over to these arch's as well - but we are a few
miles away from having a usable base first.

Regards,

--
Karanbir Singh