[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 (1503) i686 Beta Architecture

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:48:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> The Beta release of the 32-bit (i686) Architecture of CentOS-7 (1503) is
> currently on build logs.

[snip]

> 2.  The gnome desktop will not exit or log out from the menu.
>
>  http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8834
>
> If someone can figure out how to fix this issue, it would be much
> appreciated :)

Hello,
I tested it too and I was able to reproduce the bug.
I compared with a CentOS 7.1 x86_64 and verified that apparently it depends
on the popped up log-out menu confirmation that by default should come up
when you click on "Log Out"

In fact if I disable it, I'm able to logout (without confirmation of
course) and then log in again

from inside the gnome session

[g.cecchi at c71i686 ~]$ gsettings get org.gnome.SessionManager logout-prompt
true

[g.cecchi at c71i686 ~]$ gsettings set org.gnome.SessionManager logout-prompt
false

[g.cecchi at c71i686 ~]$ gsettings get org.gnome.SessionManager logout-prompt
false

Now I can log out and then log in again.
Another test with shutdown menu:
- if no users are connected to the system (eg ssh from remote hosts) when
you click poweroff, it is honored and the system powers off
- if you log into the system for example with an external ssh session,
normally if you select poweroff you should get a confirmation popup window
informing that other users are connected. In this case you get the same
problem as in the logout example.
So it seems a problem regarding the confirmation popup windows... but I
don't know gnome-shell so much to analyze more in deep... I keep
investigating

Gianluca