[CentOS-devel] help with the IPA tests

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:32:24 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 13/06/15 12:37, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> Do the "bare metal" and the VM environment have the same OS image? I
>> doubt it, especially with the error:
>>

> the image and bare-metal install are identical. the only diff is that
> the VM has Kubernetes installed ahead of time, but as far as i can tell
> its not interfering with the networking part.
>
> - KB

Do they have the exact same versions of all packages, including
dependencies that might by "yum" updated by the Kubernetes
installation? Then the obvious test is to try a VM without Kubernetes
installed ahead of time, and/or to instlal Kubernetes on the hardware
platform and retest, isn't it?

I'll also admit that this is the point where I seriously value having
a PXE setup to allow me to re-install my hardware OS in a completely
controlled fashion and return my hardware to a well defined original
state. It can help ensure that even a casual "in passing change" is
cleared away for fresh testing, and it's part of why I appreciate
'mock' and similar tools lso much for providing clean build
environments.