[CentOS-devel] [NFV SIG] Need info

Thomas Oulevey

thomas.oulevey at cern.ch
Mon Jun 1 09:37:25 UTC 2015

Hi Dave,`

>> The next step will be to define which project will be part of the NFV
>> sig and how many release they need to build in //.
>
> Is this something I need to give you? If so, I will need a little more
> information to understand the expectation.

We realized that having single set of tags for each SIG, is too little
for most SIGs. So we need to take into account, more parameters and
allow the SIG to grow and acquire new "projects".

 >> nfv7-{project}-{release}

For example the cloud SIG has openstack, cloudstack, etc...
(e.g: cloud7-openstack-kilo)

So the idea is to categorize what are your deliverable and define
project name and if needed releases for each. Releases allow the team to
work on different version at the same time (e.g : liberty, kilo , juno
for openstack). We also defined some -common repositories that are
shared across releases, other that are shared across the entire SIG.

Feel free to comment on the bugs.c.o for your request or here on the
mailing list for general question about the workflow.

--
Thomas.