[CentOS-devel] devtoolset-3 rebuild in SCLo

Honza Horak

hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 16:22:53 UTC 2015

On the last meeting [1] we talked about whether we need maven and
rh-java-common for rebuilding devtoolset-3. Unfortunately it is a
requirement right now, so we need to have maven and rh-java-common
collections first.

However, the maven and rh-java-common SCL dependencies are needed just
for the devtoolset-3-ide part, so for devtoolset-3-toolchain and
devtoolset-3-perftools we may remove the requirements temporarily.

Anyway, there have been requests for devtoolset and gcc-5 especially,
often from other projects based on CentOS, so copr builds are not enough.

We're still not ready with the centpkg/lookaside-cache things, but what
about to create necessary tags from devtoolset-3 collection and build
packages from srpms for now?

Thomas, is it ^ possible? What information do you need from me?

Let's limit on sclo part and RHEL-7 only. Based on the tags we consulted
before, that should mean to create:

  * sig-sclo7-devtoolset-3-sclo tag
  * sclo7-devtoolset-3-sclo-el7 target and associated buildroot

Correct?

Will it be possible to tag built packages (I speak still about scratch
builds) to sig-sclo7-sclo, which other SIGs could depend on?

[1]
http://www.centos.org/minutes/2015/may/centos-devel.2015-05-20-14.31.html
[2] https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rhscl/devtoolset-3-el7/builds/

Honza