[CentOS-devel] [NFV SIG] Need info

Haïkel

hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 1 20:08:20 UTC 2015

No problem at all, we'd like to get the NFV starting asap.

Note that you can always retag packages/builds at a later point
if the tags/targets scheme doesn't suit you. Let's just avoid anything exotic.
Thomas proposal makes sense and is consistent with existing tags/targets.
So it gets a +1 from me.

What I suggest to the NFV SIG is to figure out the following points:
* listing of packages to shipped (even partial)
Analyze build and runtime dependencies, and if you get a lot of them,
then, having a nfv7-common-xxx tag will avoid you wasting time retagging builds.
* how many releases of NFV stuff will be supported? (Cloud SIG
supports currently
When you've figured out these points, it's easier to make a decision.
two stable releases of OpenStack for instance)
* QA policy? CI? testing repos?
* Reviewing process?

Then, it'll be easier to decide what is the best course, but it doesn't have
to be now.

I can help with the analysis part, but all of the other points are
within the NFV
SIG realm.

Regards,
H.