[CentOS-devel] Resources Needed for Doc Toolchain Project [GSoC]

Trevor Hemsley

trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 5 12:51:57 UTC 2015

On 05/06/15 13:45, kunaal jain wrote:

> bug.centos.org <http://bug.centos.org> currently uses Mantis. We are
> not sure if Mantis meets our requirements. I will be reading about it
> more.

It's extremely unlikely that the CentOS Project would convert from
Mantis to Bugzilla just to accomodate this project. There have been
discussions in the past about switching to use the upstream bugzilla
instance and I do not recall the outcome of that conversation but since
it hasn't happened and there doesn't seem to be a project in place to
migrate, I suspect the answer was that it wouldn't be happening. Maybe
this GSoC project's desire to use bugzilla might be another factor in
that discussion or in a discussion about whether to dump Mantis in
favour of bugzilla.

Trevor