[CentOS-devel] SIGS with outstanding blockers on the CBS

Haïkel

hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 13 15:14:20 UTC 2015

Le 11 juin 2015 20:44, "Brian Stinson" <brian at bstinson.com> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> I've been lurking at a few SIG meetings this week to get an idea of
> which SIGs are blocked on things in the CBS. So far here is a high-level
> list of outstanding items:

Thanks for raising the topic.
I'll speak with my cloud SIG hat.

> - Central Authentication for Koji/Gitblit/Lookaside (Priority: HIGH)
>
> - Lookaside upload tools (Priority: HIGH)

+1

> - New release of CBS build tools - centpkg, /usr/bin/cbs (Priority: HIGH)
>
> - EPEL package import features in the build tools (Priority: Medium)

I have to disagree EPEL import is much higher priority than centpkg
(especially if it's dissociated from lookaside upload.
Potentially we're shipping outdated packages (ie: recently I fixed a CVE in
our redis package. Had I not been maintaining it in Fedora, it might have
remained unnoticed)

> - Notifications/Messaging from Koji (Priority: Medium)
>
> If your SIG is blocked on something in the CBS or if you have any
> feature requests, please let me know.

Medium priority:
* dist-git
* packages ACLs (reusing pkgdb?)
* reviewing process!
=> that's important for traceability and keep consistency in our artefacts.

As for RDO, we still rely on Fedora and our own infra and we want to
integrate more within the CentOS ecosystem.
And keeping high standards and make it easier to contribute in Cloud SIG.

As part of CentOS community, I'd rather help other SIGs to also raise their
standards without denying each group identity. Having the infrastructure
and provide guidelines (as in a base starter  framework rather than rigid
rules) would help to reach goal.
That's the next challenge to the SIG experience and allow building high
quality community-maintained products.

I'm really thankful that you're doing the heavy lifting of the
infrastructure needed to that.

Regards,
H.