[CentOS-devel] CentOS CLA (Contributor License Agreement)

Matthew Miller

mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Jun 29 18:54:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:09:12AM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> First, the flag being *_cla continues to create an impression that
> there is a CLA in Fedora; note that in fact the Subject: of this
> thread is really a misnomer. I think it makes for a prejudiced reading.

> Second, the only problem I've ever had with the FPCA is that it is
> written as a legal document, so causes people's eyes to glaze over.
> I've got an alternative to consider, which is a bit easier to read and
> accomplishes the same thing. I wrote it with Richard Fontana, who was
> lead author and legal counsel on the FPCA.

If Richard is interested in going through this again with Fedora, I
won't say no. :)

> It doesn't need to be a complicated policy (read the above, IMO it
> accomplishes what the FPCA does in fewer words.)

Honestly, I think that once one gets through the gigantic "Terms"
section Fedora has, and over the monospace formatting, it's really no
more or less complicated. But whatever. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>