[CentOS-devel] CBS build tags and git branches names for SCL

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 12:42:59 UTC 2015

On 02/25/2015 06:14 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
> On 02/24/2015 08:47 AM, Honza Horak wrote:
>
> I'm also still thinking about destination tags for sclo SIG -- currently
> there are those two proposed for every elX version: scloX-testing and
> scloX-release..
>
> And the process (as I understand it) requires rpms first to be tagged
> into scloX-testing and after it tag those built from SCM into
> scloX-release.
>
> I'm not sure if the middle step with scloX-testing is required for rpms
> coming from 'rpms' git project actually, since those should already be
> tested from 'sclo' git project.
>
> So, can we actually simplify the process and tag into scloX-release
> right after building from 'rpms' git project?
>
> If not, then I'd propose to have some different tag for not-yet-released
> rpms from the stable repos (e.g. scloX-candidate)
>
> Then it would work like this:
> rpms built from 'sclo' git repos will be tagged into scloX-testing
> rpms built from 'rpms' git repos will be tagged first into
> scloX-candidate and then into sclX-release on releasing
>
> Thoughts?

There is also another idea Remi suggested.. It's basically about having
3 repositories:

- centos-scl => downstream of RHSCL, same content, only for CentOS users

- centos-scl-devel / testing => upstream of RHSCL (we need to ensure
that NEVR in this repo < previous one) and perhaps additional packages
(for CentOS and RHSCL users)

- centos-scl-sig / additional / stable => package NOT in RHSCL. This can
be used by CentOS and RHSCL users.

Honza