[CentOS-devel] 4 week Atomic Releases?

Michael P. McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 17:50:32 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

We can certainly do that on the CentOS side if it's warranted, but on
http://www.projectatomic.io/download/ we only want three links to send
users to, one of them is the more stable CentOS link.

To me, Fedora is where you go when you want to work on Docker/Kubernets/etc.
CentOS is where you go if you want to do Docker image development.  There's
a bit of a circular relationship between RHEL and CentOS on Atomic, but I
think that it will feel natural to people as we get into it. It helps that
the Atomic OS is so small in package set by design.

As far as RHEL Atomic Host goes, we are wanting to better align some of Red
Hat's work with the community and that probably means more rapid iteration
and release of RHEL Atomic Host.  I think what everyone wants to avoid is
RHEL getting features before Fedora and CentOS

    -Mike