[CentOS-devel] Release for Atomic Host Feb 2015 rolling builds

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Mar 10 08:57:40 UTC 2015

On 09/03/15 19:55, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> the web links of the two images referred above seem not valid any more...
> Was there any problem with them?

yes :( those images have a problem with cloud-init. I've since resolved
the issue and pushed new images, you can find them with sha256's :

b08bad32dd68553750822ef9b769cd634aac1d0fd65f27c7d32257b47a6596b3
CentOS-7-x86_64-AtomicHost-20150228_01.qcow2

> Do I have to pass any kernel command line when I start in virt-manager?
> I also found this "old" link to create the seed image:
> https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/creating-a-cloud-init-config-disk-for-non-cloud-boots/

Couple of things to keep in mind, the cloud-init iso's volume id needs
to be 'cidata' and the user-data + meta-data files need to be in the
root of that iso. This is the geniofs line that I use :
genisoimage -output configdrive.iso -volid cidata -joliet -rock
user-data meta-data

then just attach that to the machine instance as a CD drive and it
should just work from there.

I've also had problems with instance setup, if I was using an image that
had already been setup - so I tend to not use the downloaded file, I
create a qemu snapshot of the qcow2 file and then consume that instead.
This allows me to go back and refresh my image anytime without needing
to re-download the image. Something like this should work :

qemu-img create -f qcow2 -b CentOS-7-x86_64-AtomicHost-20150228_01.qcow2
myatomic_snap-01.qcow2

then just use the myatomic_snap-01.qcow2 as your new image ( you can
check this is a snapshot by qemu-img info myatomic_snap-01.qcow2 )

> but the virt-builder command is not able to extract kernel and initrd
> image from the qcow2 image.

I am not sure if virt-builder can parse an ostree payload, i suspect its
looking for a generic filesystem inside the image. You might want to
validate this with the virt-tools list.

Regards

--
Karanbir Singh