[CentOS-devel] making distro evolving content available to CBS

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Mar 10 12:29:51 UTC 2015

hi,

I'd like to see how we can get pre-release distro content into the cbs
so that SIG's are able to start doing their thing and looking at /
building / CI / release prep while the distro is shaping up.

this content will need to come with the assumption that the rpms might
need to be rebuilt, and none of them will be signed, and some of them
will not see an EVR change as they are rebuilt.

Within those constraints - what sort of a mechanism would work for :

- the CBS team , to bring this content in
- the SIGs - who want to consume some of this
- the testing / CI team - to make sure these dont get
- the CentOS QA team - who likely dont want to see bug reports filed
against unreleased content  ( in some cases, they actually might want to
see problem reports, so they can help fix before release! )

and we just need to make sure we dont release anything built against
this unsigned content.

--
Karanbir Singh