[CentOS-devel] brctl command in Atomic host

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner marcelo.leitner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:44:58 UTC 2015

On 10-03-2015 11:49, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm testing the latest CentOS Atomic host rolling build (20150228_01).
> Apparently the brctl command, as normally provided inside bridge-utils
> rpm package, is not present.
> I can query
> /sys/class/net/docker0
> and
> /sys/class/net/veth*/
> subtrees, but it would be nice to have it, unless superseded by another
> docker/atomic command...
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gianluca
>
> PS: I posted here because I'm not subscribed to atomic-devel too atm..
> let me know if it's a problem

Hi Gianluca,

You probably have the 'bridge' command available in there, it's the
iproute2 version of brctl tool. Just like we had ifconfig->ip, we are
having brctl->{bridge,ip}..

Note that 'bridge' is for bridge-specific stuff, like:

$ bridge link help
Usage: bridge link set dev DEV [ cost COST ] [ priority PRIO ] [ state
STATE ]
                                [ guard {on | off} ]
                                [ hairpin {on | off} ]
                                [ fastleave {on | off} ]
                                [ root_block {on | off} ]
                                [ hwmode {vepa | veb} ]
        bridge link show [dev DEV]

while you may create the bridge itself via ip command.

   Marcelo