[CentOS-devel] Kernel Source code

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:46:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Trevor Hemsley
<trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Your DNS is broken and returning the wrong IP address for git.centos.org.
> That's an RFC1918 address. Are you behind a firewall/proxy server? How you
> get out from behind that is something you'll have to ask your network
> admins.

I'm not behind a firewall/proxy and I seem to have the same issue.

* Couldn't find host git.centos.org in the .netrc file; using defaults
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying 85.13.226.35...
* Connected to git.centos.org (85.13.226.35) port 443 (#0)
* found 178 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
* gnutls_handshake() warning: The server name sent was not recognized

Isn't this a problem on the server side?

...Juerg

> On 20/03/15 09:11, Dipak Dudhabhate wrote:
>
> Thanks Juerg,
>
> can you figure out what could be problem on my machine. Please check
> following
>
> $ GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1  git clone   https://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git
> Cloning into 'kernel'...
> * Couldn't find host git.centos.org in the .netrc file; using defaults
> * Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
> *   Trying 172.28.84.6...
> * Connected to 172.28.84.6 (172.28.84.6) port 3128 (#0)
> * Establish HTTP proxy tunnel to git.centos.org:443
>> CONNECT git.centos.org:443 HTTP/1.1
> Host: git.centos.org:443
> Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
> Pragma: no-cache
>
> < HTTP/1.1 200 Connection Established
> < Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:06:03 GMT
> < Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
> < Via: 1.1 triton-wcg.toshiba-tsip.com
> <
> * Proxy replied OK to CONNECT request
> * found 173 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
> * gnutls_handshake() warning: The server name sent was not recognized
> * failed to get server cert
> * Closing connection 0
> fatal: unable to access 'https://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git/':
> gnutls_handshake() warning: The server name sent was not recognized
>
> -Dipak
>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Juerg Haefliger <juergh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 8:04 AM, Dipak Dudhabhate
>> <dipak.dudhabhate at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am trying to download rhel7 kernel code using git as follows.
>> >
>> > $ git clone  https://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git
>> > Cloning into 'kernel'...
>> > fatal: unable to access 'https://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git/':
>> > gnutls_handshake() warning: The server name sent was not recognized
>>
>> I think this is a misconfiguration on git.centos.org. Something to do
>> with the DNS cache not up to date or something.
>>
>> $ GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1  git clone
>> https://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git
>> Cloning into 'kernel'...
>> * Couldn't find host git.centos.org in the .netrc file; using defaults
>> * Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
>> *   Trying 85.13.226.35...
>> * Connected to git.centos.org (85.13.226.35) port 443 (#0)
>> * found 178 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>> * gnutls_handshake() warning: The server name sent was not recognized
>> * failed to get server cert
>> * Closing connection 0
>> fatal: unable to access 'https://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git/':
>> gnutls_handshake() warning: The server name sent was not recognized
>>
>> ...Juerg
>>

>> > $ git clone  git://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git
>> > Cloning into 'kernel'...
>> > fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>> >
>> > Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>> > and the repository exists.
>> >
>> > Do i need git account to access it ? if yes where can do it?

> [...]

Juerg Haefliger
Hewlett-Packard