[CentOS-devel] cbs feature req: building embargoed content

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Wed Mar 11 12:01:44 UTC 2015

On 09/25/2014 11:25 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> we need a way to build embargo'd content like reimzul's priv-build, that
> does not make stuff public till a specific date ( the actual push to
> public can be manual );
>
> how would we achieve this on cbs ? I guess the git stuff is easier since
> it can just be a scratch build from srpm and people need not push the
> git content back to git.centos.org till embargo expiry.

Devil's advocate here,

How much of an issue is this? As far as I know, fedora doesn't deal with
embargoed code at all. Is this something we need to care about, or can
we simply adopt the fedora approach and state: Use the embargo time to
come up with a plan of action, and build/push once public.

--
Jim Perrin