[CentOS-devel] brctl command in Atomic host

Gianluca Cecchi

gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 22:40:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <
marcelo.leitner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> You probably have the 'bridge' command available in there, it's the
> iproute2 version of brctl tool. Just like we had ifconfig->ip, we are
> having brctl->{bridge,ip}..
>
> Note that 'bridge' is for bridge-specific stuff, like:
>
> $ bridge link help
> Usage: bridge link set dev DEV [ cost COST ] [ priority PRIO ] [ state
> STATE ]
>                                [ guard {on | off} ]
>                                [ hairpin {on | off} ]
>                                [ fastleave {on | off} ]
>                                [ root_block {on | off} ]
>                                [ hwmode {vepa | veb} ]
>        bridge link show [dev DEV]
>
> while you may create the bridge itself via ip command.
>
>   Marcelo

Ah ok.. indeed I verified I have it inside the Atomic host image.
I've been already using the "ip" command but I didn't know about the
"bridge" one.
Hey, but the developers could have done it better: one more character to
type now vs the previous "brctl" one; I will create an alias named

At the end, "less" is better than "more"....

Thanks for the notice
Gianluca