[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-virt] Make a installer ISO to install Xen 4.4 + CetOS 4.4

Gautam Malu

gautam.malu at research.iiit.ac.in
Sun Mar 22 06:53:29 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 1:08 AM, Gautam Malu
> <gautam.malu at research.iiit.ac.in> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am Masters student at IIIT Hyderabad, India. I have made a set of
> scripts
> > to make a customized installer ISO which installs Xen4.4 + CentOS 6.6. I
> > have tested it on a Xen HVM VM. I would be great if anyone can test it
> out.
> >
> > https://github.com/gautammaloo/centos-xen
> >

> > Best regards,
> > Gautam Malu
>
> You've tested it out on hardware server, and it's successfully
> installed and configured Xen based guests? Good.

No I haven't tested it out hardware server, I have a single hardware server
on which CentOS 6 is running with Xen 4.4. I don't want to disturb that. I
have tested out Xen HVM virtual machine.

> Given that you're installing CentOS guests on a CentOS Xen hypervisor,
> why would you *bother* to install n HVM, and why wouldn't you use
> paravirtualization?

Xen VM in  HVM is as close as I could get to real hardware. PV mode doesn't
emulate hardware. It would be great if someone could actually test it out
on hardware server.