[CentOS-devel] cbs feature req: building embargoed content

Thu Mar 5 16:11:01 UTC 2015
Brian Stinson <bstinson at ksu.edu>

On Mar 05 15:09, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 05/03/15 15:02, Brian Stinson wrote:

> >> reviving an old thread - we're again in a situation where we need SIGs
> >> to be able to build security updates and do some testing around content
> >> that is under embargo.
> >>
> >> Depending on how much work this is, do we go down the route of replacing
> >> one of the koji builders with a reimzul like instance that runs private
> >> builds ? reimzul can generate per-build htaccess entries for basic-auth,
> >> that way ( apart from folks who have shell access to the machine ),
> >> there is some level of privacy as well.
> >>
> >> If we do go down that route, we'd need a way for koji to import those
> >> builds at a later stage, when they need to be signed and released.
> >>

> > When we brought this up at the CBS meeting I remember talking about
> > having the SIGs do local mockbuilds (perhaps on devcloud?) and then
> > commit to their branches after the embargo is lifted. Are there some
> > requirements that aren't covered by that workflow?
>
> there is no way to prep-ahead and test-ahead using this, also it means
> folks need to be around and standing by as embargo is lifted. in many
> cases, thats not possible.
>
> I'm assuming that you meant commit to their branch, then trigger a
> build, and then do the testing.

Something like:

1) Create VM on devcloud
2) Pull package from git.c.o
3) Patch with embargoed content
4) `centpkg mockbuild`
5) Local tests
   - Should be valid since they would be building against koji repos
6) (Once the Embargo is lifted) Commit, push, and build in koji
7) CI Tests?
8) Tag/Sign/Release

Looking back, that was our "temporary" workflow we talked about in our
meeting in September[1].

For the permanent solution (whether reimzul or something else) we may
want to look at some convenience methods in the client tools.

Brian

[1]http://www.centos.org/minutes/2014/september/centos-devel.2014-09-29-13.01.log.html