[CentOS-devel] Building a downstream CentOS Atomic Host

Ian McLeod imcleod at redhat.com
Wed May 6 12:53:59 UTC 2015

On 05/05/2015 08:36 AM, Ian McLeod wrote:
> On 05/05/2015 08:08 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

>>> Yes, unfortunately.  This is actually a lorax restriction in that it
>>> only takes repo URLs as arguments, not repo files that would
>>> have `excludes=` processed.
>>
>> not a problem, i will get the repo setup today. If we can make sure the
>> PR's are all in, I can also run through the build and post results.
>>
>> - KB
>>

> So, I did a quick experiment and added explicit NVR package excludes
> using the "lorax_exclude_packages" pass-through option.  It's a bit of a
> hack, and it will stop working and/or need to be refreshed when a newer
> anaconda appears in the upstream CentOS repos, but by that point our
> 7.1.1 downstream should be out the door and done.
>
> Here is the change:
>
> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-atomic-buildscripts/pull/30/files#diff-38589f3a5b1e8e2eca835f956b204e0eR20
>
> It seems to have worked.

Can we quickly establish a location for the candidate composed trees and
lorax install trees, and then do some test runs with the content in the
"downstream" tree?

It's really impossible to do an end to end test of the repo content if
there's no established location (and ref name) to put into the kickstart
used to generate the image.