[CentOS-devel] [NFV SIG]Generate the first NFV SIG rpm?

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri May 15 22:57:45 UTC 2015

Hi Joseph,

Yes! I have been beating myself up about the SIG not getting momentum
over the last couple of weeks - unfortunately the OPNFV release has been
delayed and taken a lot of cycles.

I think DPDK 2.0 is an excellent place to start - and with the DPDK
patches to OVS landed, that seems like a great place to continue afterwards.

KB: Joseph is one of the core committers to the NFV SIG, what does he
need to do now to make this first RPM in the community build service for
the NFV SIG, please?

Thanks,
Dave.

On 05/15/2015 05:23 PM, Gasparakis, Joseph wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> It has been a while since our kick off meeting and without much
> activity, so I was feeling adventurous this morning and thought of
> giving a first try to deliver a DPDK rpm for the NFV SIG.
>

> Does this seem reasonable and if so where do I start?
>

> Thanks
>

> Joseph
>

> --
>
> *Joseph Gasparakis*
>
> Software Engineer
>
> Network Platform Group
>
> Software Defined Networking Division

Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338